Ryan Wisniewski (@Ry_Wiz) – Principal Security Engineer
Ryan has been practicing information security for over a decade. He maintains a broad and deep knowledge of enterprise computing, risk management, and data security; and he enjoys sharing his learnings to help others secure their systems.
Ryan is technically proficient in both small and large-scale computing environment including all aspects of storage, networking, and compute for both on-prem and cloud technologies.
His proven knowledge with multiple patents, publications, certificates, and system implementations provides his peers with real life experience and lessons learned to better solve challenges that exist in the field.
His most recent achievements include:
- Developing information security programs and strategy road maps customized to business needs
- Consulting on system architectures focused on security implications and implementations
- Leading information security teams in various areas including vulnerability management, penetration testing, security operations, incident response, and active defenses
- Mitigating risks with risk remediation strategies and implementing mitigating controls
- Implementing large scale enterprise systems securely including platforms such as Windows, Linux, and IBM technologies (Power/Mainframe)
Ryan enjoys giving back to the community and volunteers with various security community organizations such as THOTCON, Wild West Hacking Fest, BSides, Burbsec, and InfoSECtion59
Feel free to reach out on Twitter @Ry_Wiz!